Saturday 10 May 2008

Blood Donation

At first I thought that blood donating involves pain and big big needles, so I was like OMGosh.
Due to my personal curiousness, I went to donate blood when my school is having a blood donation campaign.

Steps to blood donation:
1- Fill in some forms about our health
2- Body Weight test (must be 45kg or above to qualify as a blood donor)
3- Let the doctor check (test blood pressure, ask question, ect)
4- Blood test ( Test your blood type and sort)
5- Take the items needed (blood bag, needles, plaster,ect)
6- Lie down on a special chair
7- Nurse will come and inject the needles into u, wait ur blood to come out slowly through a tiny
pipe (needs to exercise palm to increase blood pressure*let blood to flow out*)

After all that, I feel that blood donating is completely not fearful nor painful at all. Not only that, I also feel happy bcz my blood might be used to safe another persons life. Then I realized why everyone that donate blood was laughing with joy, when I was in terror at 1st.
Words by my teacher Pn. Lim Ser Kien: We done a great thing donating blood, bcz we might saved someones life. We should donate blood 2~3 time a year...
She told me a lot of 'dao li' when we r donating blood 2gether.

Well I hope this will make people who r afraid or thinking bad in blood donation chag thier mind and feel that blood donating is good. However, be very careful on whr u r donating blood.

*Note: if u have any health problems, sickness, allergy... check with the doctor before u donate ur blood, so that u wont donate ur whole life.

This is how the needle injected to extract blood


Blood Bag ( filled with blood)

0 comments: